Monday, April 2, 2012

Been a long time, eh?

Yes, yet again, I'm coming back to this blog having had a rather lengthy gap in time since my last entry. But a lot has happened as many of you may know (some of you may not). As you might notice by the change in title, I'M PREGNANT!!! Yep. Thats for sure. Baby #2 is on the way and I couldn't be happier. Some of you that follow my YT videos may know that conceiving my second child has been a goal of mine for a while now, so I'm more than happy to have acheived that and I am now actively switching gears and looking forward to a healthy and happy pregnancy.

First of all, I have to be very honest here and admit that I am not starting this pregnancy at the weight I had originally hoped to. Initially, I had hoped to get down to a weight around 150 or lower before getting pregnant, however I've found myself at about 180 in the beginning stages of my pregnancy. Before getting "knocked up" (haha) the lowest recorded weight I hit was 167. The holidays were a definite killer on my health. I happened to gain about 10 pounds and even after the holidays when I started back at my healthy eating and working out routines, something just wasn't "there" anymore and the weight refused to budge. In fact, I began to gain a bit here and there. Thus, I am now at about 180.

I'm a little annoyed because my first OB GYN visit has be weighed in at 185, which is totally inaccurate because it was taken right after I had eaten a HUGE lunch of a sub sandwich, potato salad and lots of water. Plus, they don't allow you to take off extra clothing at the doctor's office (for obvious reasons) so some of that weight was from my jeans, sweater, and so on. I'm not trying to make any excuses, I'm just trying to be as accurate as possible. So the very next day after my first appoinment, I got up in the morning and weighed myself with no clothes on to get a true weight. It was 180. Thats what I'm going with.

After talking with my doctor, we have both agreed that I should stick with a 25-30lb weight gain for this pregnancy but no more than that. In fact, my doctor has actually encouraged me to keep exercising as much as I currently am and he even said that its okay for me to LOSE weight in the first and second trimesters! (That really shocked me!) But for now, I'm being realistic and saying that my goal is not to lose, but more so to just maintain the 180-190 weight range for as long as possible. I have given myself a weight limit of 215lbs for the entire pregnancy. Many of you might be thinking "WHOA! THATS A LOT!" But what you may not know is that I got all the way up to almost 270lbs before I gave birth to my first son, so a mere 215lbs is a whole lot better than that!

Anyway, the purpose of this initial blog is to kind of intro the new concept that I am now pregnant and instead of focusing on "weight loss" as I've been doing with this blog since the beginning of its creation, I will now be focusing on my pregnancy and being healthy. I may at times babble on about the woes and wonders of pregnancy, so if this is not what you care to read, then you may want to ignore my blog postings from here on out. But if you're interested, I hope you'll follow along.

I intend on making making periodic comparisons, by way of pictures, of this pregnancy as compared to my previous (very unhealthy) pregnancy 2.5 years ago.

Well, thanks for reading this far, and I hope you'll keep reading on in the future! Thanks to everyone who follows this blog for your continued support and interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment