Monday, April 16, 2012

Pregnant Work Outs...

I just got back from the gym...well, about an hour or so ago.....and I felt compelled to write about it.


Because of my busy schedule lately with my Internship for school and Rob being out of town for practically the past month, I've definitely had a lot of obstacles in the way of my working out and being active. Not to mention the nausea wasn't helping to make me feel much like working out either. But recently, I've had more and more time and ability to get back to the gym and do something a few days a week, and let me tell you, it has been GREAT! And this leads me to what I want to talk about. I'm so happy that I made a lifestyle change within myself before getting pregnant again.


I cannot even describe to you all how ridiculously lazy and unhealthy I used to be before I got pregnant for the first time. I was eating fast food, take-out or restaurant foods on a regular basis. I NEVER worked out...in fact the phrase " I'm going to the gym" was something I actually LAUGHED AT! I remember looking at people jogging outside and thinking, "God, they are soooo weird. Crazy workout fanatics." LOL And now, LOOK AT ME!


I.AM.ONE.OF.THOSE.FANATICS!!!!!!! - Well, sort of...not completely. LOL


My life now, as compared to then, is completely different. Now, if I go more than a couple days without getting a good workout session in, I feel disgusting and my body literally begins to itch with the need for a run, or something equally as physically exerting. Also, the thought of some foods that I used to eat on such a regular basis, now makes me cringe to think about (and thats not the pregnancy nausea talking). I used to LOVE McDonald's breakfast and would eat it at least 3 times a week, if not more. Now? I wouldn't even DREAM of eating that crap that much. I still admit that McDonald's does have some yummy breakfast goodies that I will still indulge in from time to time...but....3 times a week or more? Never again. Thats for sure.


I have been realizing more and more lately that I have really done something great for myself, my health and for my family by changing the way I think about food and exercise. I'm not going to claim that my family and I are super 100% all healthy or anything like that, but the point is, we are AWARE of healthy foods and the importance of eating them more often than eating junk. And we are AWARE of the benefits and importance of working out and being active.


I really don't think there is a better gift out there that I could have given myself than the gift of Change.

No comments:

Post a Comment