Friday, August 24, 2012

Time and Pressure

Here I sit....almost 8 months pregnant, and I realize I have scarcely graced this blog with my presence. Thats just not right. I have, however, been semi-consistent with my youtube videos. I'm determined not to totally disappear from the YT Weight Loss world, especially considering how I'll have more than a few pounds to work off after this pregnancy has finished.

So, lets talk about this pregnancy and catch you all up on where I'm at. I'm currently 30weeks and 3days pregnant. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with pregnancy terms, that means I'm about two weeks shy of being 8 months.  Which means I'm about 2 months shy of giving birth...well....if everything goes to plan of course. But as many of us know...with babies, not much ever really goes to plan. In case some of you don't know, I am expecting another little boy and we are not announcing the name until AFTER he is born.  Initially my goal was to gain no more than 30 pounds. However, I currently find myself at about 35+ pounds gained and I'm not even close to the end of this pregnancy. I'm fully expecting to be at about a 45 pound gain by the end of this thing....which is not what I wanted at all....but in the words of my doctor, "You can't help what you're body is doing." Its not like I'm sitting around eating buckets of ice cream with cheeseburgers on top. (Although that does sound pretty good).  I'm eating normal and reasonably. I will not imply that my eating is as healthy as it was while I was losing the majority of my weight before...however, I'm doing much better with my eating habits during this pregnancy than with my first. 

I will admit to being pretty inactive though. I was very active and exercising regularly up until I was about 6 months pregnant. At that point we were moving, living with in-laws, back and forth from their town to another town an hour away looking for a house to potentially buy, all the while this pregnancy just kept progressing, and I kept getting more and more uncomfortable.  I tried jogging on a tred mill a few weeks ago and it was pretty weird and didn't feel quite right. I decided to listen to my maternal instincts and back off from running/jogging from here on out.  A lot of people have suggested walking, which I try to do here and there....but I'm currently living in southwest Florida...in the middle of the summer.....walking outside during the day is like a death wish....sort of. (slight exaggeration there).

So, there you have it. Thats my pregnancy thus far in a nut shell.  All in all, I'm pretty happy with everything. I see my weight on the scale...but I don't really see that reflected in the mirror, and that is a good thing.  When I look in the mirror, all I see growing is my pregnant belly, which is what you want to be happening. Sure, I've noticed my pants getting a bit tighter on my thighs, but I'm still fitting into my pants from before I got pregnant....I just can't button them, of course. haha I don't know....I just keep coaching myself that once this pregnancy is over with...things can slightly get back to normal.  And although I know I will not be able to work out every single day in the beginning (because taking care of a newborn AND a toddler I'm sure will render me pretty tired) but eventually I will get back into my running stride. Eventually I will get back into my routine of working out and eventually, my body will get back to normal. It just takes time.  Time and pressure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment