Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BACK IN THE GAME!

Yes, that's right. I'm BACK!!!! And I'm ready to go. It is so crazy how being sick can make you feel so horrible. Not only do you feel horrible because you're sick, but you start to feel horrible because you feel like you're never going to get better.


I have been battling a horrible cold and a rather painful sinus infection for the past TWO WEEKS. Which had totally knocked me out of commission as far as exercise goes. I have not been to the gym in over two weeks, not because of being lazy, but because I know better than most that the last thing you want to do when you're sick is over work your body. When you're sick, your body needs rest and nourishment. So that's exactly what I did. I will admit that somewhere along the lines I started to feel defeated and depressed and just 'disgusting' in general because of the lack of exercise. But then again, experiencing those emotions made me realize just how far I've come.


I know I've said it before, but it bares repeating: I am someone who thoroughly ENJOYS a good, hard workout. This is a very new thing for me, because I have NEVER been this way. Not until I started this weight loss journey, did I ever realize the wonderful side effects and rewards one gets from working out. I mean, the endorphins aren't even the half of it! Sure, they're great...but the real reward is being healthy and in shape and being able to attain goals that you once thought were truly unattainable! In my past with weight loss, I would get really into working out and dieting, and then I would either get sick or a major holiday would come along and I would just drop everything, binge, and never get back in the groove. But now, its different. These past two weeks that I've been sick and stuck at home, I've been ITCHING to get out and go for a run. I've been dying to break a sweat and burn some calories...this is a definite switch from 'the old Jules'. And this switch is good thing, a very VERY good thing.


So, here are my plans. Last week I skipped my YT Weekly Weigh In video and opted to use my power of a "Sick Pass". But this week, I think I will go ahead and weigh in to see where I'm at. I'm already planning a 'comeback' to the gym this evening, and will start getting back in the routine of going every morning with my little guy. ---> Oh yeah, my son is doing much better as well! No more coughing, no more runny nose, no more wheezing!<--- So, that's it. I'm pretty much all better and its time to jump back into the game of weight loss head first. After all, as of today I only have...


152 MORE DAYS TO GET TO GOAL!!!!

1 comment: