Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Update!

The last post, I told you about how sick I was. Well, I'm not entirely better....I still have a sore throat and a highly stuffed up nose..but I had a tiny breakthrough, and I thought I would share it with you.


So last week I had ZERO energy, I ended up gaining a pound for my weigh in, and I was in a general mood that I like to call "Debbie Downer". I just couldn't pull myself out of this funk of inactivity and it didn't help matters that I was sick. Well, after a trip to Emergency on Sunday and some antibiotics for my throat...I'm started to feel a little better. But, my poor little guy is still sick himself, and as such, I cannot take him to the daycare at the gym in the mornings like I usually do. So what does that mean? That means I have a general lack of activity until he gets better. I started to think, 'well...I can't even work out so whats the point of even keeping my food under control? I should just binge and enjoy this time off..."


NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.


You know better than that MissJulieJanee! And yesterday it just hit me over the head like a ton of bricks. WAKE UP! STOP GIVING UP! I got my lazy butt up...I went out to the produce store and stocked up on my healthy goodies, and I decided right then and there that if there's a will, then dammit, there's a way! So I decided to go to the gym after my class last night. Yes, I was tired after class and I really didn't want to go at first....but once I got there and started my workout, I can't even describe how good it felt. I hadn't been to the gym since last Wednesday, so when I started my 2 mile run, my legs felt like they had no idea what they were doing....but in a good way. In wasn't difficult to do the running, it was actually very ENJOYABLE! It was FUN! I got that rush of endorphins after my workout and I felt like, 'Ahhhhh...now THIS is my drug of choice.'


So this leads me to my next topic. I said in my last video that I was going to be implementing a 7day challenge for myself to try a whole bunch of different classes at my gym. Well, with me being sick and the baby being sick..,.that just didn't happen. (we need to understand that sometimes, life and circumstances don't always allow us to do everything we want to do, right when we want to do them...) But after last night's run and workout, I realized something. I'm not giving my body adequate rest time during the week. What I mean is, every single day I run and run and run, FOR 6 DAYS A WEEK!!! I think last night's run was so enjoyable, fun and easy because my legs had a tremendous break from running for about 4 days! So here's my new idea. I will be switching my workouts every other day. I'm sill interested in taking as many classes as I can, but I'm also interested in improving my time for the 5k. So, 3 days a week will be running and the other 3 days will be a class (I'm more interested in classes that incorporate full body workouts like abs and arms ). And of course, I'll still have my one day of rest.


See, this is the wonderful thing about exercise...when you feel yourself getting bored, you can always switch it up and start something new! The wonderful thing about exercising in general is, you can't go wrong! If you're moving your body and getting your heart rate up..then you're doing it right! Its so simple!


So, if there's anyone else out there in this cyber-world who was having (or IS having) a rather "blah" week and defeated mentality...I hope this entry helps. Pick yourself up, brush yourself off, remind yourself of your goals and why you're REALLY doing this whole "weight loss/ healthy living" thing.


Oh, and listen to some good music too....that helps! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment