Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hello There!

Wow, I have some fessing up to do! Okay first of all, my weigh in last week was at a remarkable 179.8!!!! HELL YEAH! I FINALLY MADE IT TO THE 170's!!!!!!!!!!!! Its an amazing feeling and I'm still basking in the glory of it, however...I have not been a very good girl the past few days. Allow me to explain:


The past few days have not been your typical 'binge' but I did eat unhealthy foods. I had correct portion sizes and I stopped when I was full (I even threw out the left overs of my Chinese takeout on Friday night, so I wouldn't be tempted to snack on it late at night) but on top of the poor food decisions, I neglected to go to the gym. I have no excuses for that. I can only fess up and say that I was being lazy and I wasn't doing everything I should have been doing in order to lose this weight.


After being sick and out of the gym for two weeks, I've been feeling so out of shape and when I go to the gym and I try to run like I used to (before getting sick) and I can't anymore....I feel like a bit of a loser. But, I'm now making it a point to remind myself that I need to keep going and keep working at it, because I have to rebuild my stamina. Its a work in progress.


Today I put up a post on the Super Secret YT WLC FB Page (man, thats a lot of acronyms! haha) and it basically said that I've lost a bit of my focus and motivation and I needed some of my fellow YT Weight Loss Members to give me some tough love or words of encouragement to make me want to get up and go to the gym. A few minutes passed and my request had been answered. A wonderfully intelligent woman named Nancy came at me with some much needed tough love. She reminded me of the video I put up on New Years where I said the very bold statement, "I WILL BE 140lbs BY JULY 25th". She suggested that I go back and watch that video to remind myself of what I vowed and promised I would do. Boy was she right. Not only did it refresh my memory of what I claimed I was going to do, but it also opened my eyes to the determination, motivation and focus that the girl in that video possessed. I was shocked to see how clear headed and matter-of-fact I was. And so, my friends, I'm slowly getting my mind right.


I think its only natural for all of us to slip here and there within this process. Sometimes life presents us with situations where we feel like we can't handle everything and we feel like giving up. But its in these moments that we define and characterize who we really are. Do we just give up and let life and its circumstances win? Or do we rise to the occasion, take the bull by his horns, and make life what we want it to be? I would like to say that I am the type of person who will rise up, and accomplish my goals in the face of any and all adversities.


So, if there is anyone else out there who's in a funky state of mind where you feel like this whole idea of losing weight and getting healthy is just in no way attainable: sit back, take a second to reflect on what you really want, stop making excuses, own up to your poor choices, and vow to get back on track.


I've said it once and I'll say it again:
"THE ONLY WAY WE CAN FAIL, IS IF WE SIMPLY STOP TRYING!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment