Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where did it go?

BE WARNED! THIS IS NOT THE MOST UPLIFTING ENTRY.......

Where did it go? Where? What am I talking about? ENERGY!!!!!!!!!

So, last week it was like I was practically on drugs I had so much energy. I was waking up at 6:30am everyday and getting so much done. My workouts were so intense because of this excess energy and I just felt so great. But this week? This EPIC BADNESS of a week? Where in the HELL did my energy go? Its like this week, I'm waking up with less and less and less energy. I'm draggin ass on my way out the door to the gym. My workouts have been half-assed at best, my eating has not been as healthy as it should be, and as a result, I've gained a pound. Now, I'm not depressed, or angry, or defeated about that one measly pound. I mean, after all, its only ONE POUND. It could very well be extra water weight, or a number of many other trivial causes. So I'm no where near giving up, but here's where I really feel like a big ole' piece of crap: This week, I didn't give it my all. I didn't do my best. I did enough to get by and as a result, I wasn't where I wanted to be. And I have no one to blame but myself.

I suppose I will be talking about a lot of this in my 'WeeklyWeighIn' video on my YT channel, but I might as well hash it out here first, in preparation for making/editing the video. I'd like to take the chance to point out to myself (and those reading) all the things I did that were NOT conducive to losing weight. -#1- I've been getting "snacky". To explain, I have night classes. 3 nights a week you can find me at my local Community College, sitting in a classroom from 7pm to 9:45pm (yes, it sucks). BEFORE I get to class, I stop by my local gas station (here, they're called Wawa's) and I grab a coffee. This coffee originally started as a little treat. I would allow myself to put some nice flavoring in it, and "candy it up" a bit, as I like to call it. But then, somewhere along the lines, I would grab a little bag of chips while I was there too. THEN while on my 10 minute break DURING class, I would become a victim of: The Vending Machine. UGH! I've been having some chocolatey goodness or worse, MORE CHIPS. Seriously???????? WHAT IN THE HELL WAS I THINKING?!?!?!?! - #2 - I have not been getting adequate sleep. And for those of you who don't know, not getting adequate sleep, then turning around and getting up early, then heading to the gym and pushing yourself...well....its not a very good idea. NO WONDER I HAVE NO ENERGY! DUH JULES! SLEEP = MORE ENERGY!!! - #3- I have let my food choices go to shit. Usually I'm a pretty "clean" eater without even having to work at it. I'm not too big into processed foods (except the occasional grilled chicken breast in my salad). But good lord, I have been letting myself go a little "Processed Food Crazy" this week. To explain: I cook all my husband's meals (he's an annoying person who can eat whatever and not worry about gaining any weight). So he's a processed food lover: mac&cheese, Zatarains Rices, Au Gratin Potatoes, you name it, he loves it, and I COOK IT. Many of you might know how hard it is to cook and not 'sample'. Well, I'm normally really good at controlling myself, but this week for some reason....was not the case. I had spoonful after spoonful (and even a couple servings of the crap).

SO WHY DID I DO THIS?

The answer is simple: SELF SABOTAGE! I got lazy, I got cocky, I thought, 'sure I can have that mac&cheese, I just ran 3 miles.' Well guess what, you can exercise all you want but if you still eat like shit, then the exercising is for nothing!!!! So I'm taking the day to re-assess. I'm making today my "Day of Rest" and I'm formulating a NEW plan for the next few weeks. I'm going to be doing a bit of a cleanse to get this nasty processed gunk out of my system and then its back to work. If you want the specifics of my new plan, then stay tuned for a video on my YT channel. I'll save those of you who have read this far, from having to hear the mind numbing specific ramblings of a psycho like me, trying to do different things to lose this last 30+ pounds.

A wonderful, intelligent young woman posted this as her FB status today and I feel like it spoke STRAIGHT TO ME this morning. So here ya go, consider this:

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment