Friday, February 15, 2013

Days of Rest (6&7/30)

Yes, I guess I missed a day, but it was intentional. Why? Because I made an intentional decision to take the day off on Thursday.  It was my Valentine's Day gift to myself. We ordered pizza for dinner, Rob bought my favorite bottle of wine (of which, I had a couple glasses). I went to bed Thursday night without picking up or preparing for the next day. I just did NOTHING. And of course, I didn't go to the gym either.

Now, today- Friday- was a different story. Today was a very much unintended rest day...well, sort of rest, but not really.  I got up today with every intention of hitting the gym, but when I looked at the clock, I was brought back to reality. I didn't get up until after 9am! My boys (BOTH of them) slept in! I'm so used to the baby monitor acting as my alarm clock and the baby waking up at around 5 or 6am and thats when I usually start my day. My ENTIRE schedule was kind of thrown out the window this morning. Plus, those two glasses (or so) of wine I had the night before didn't help either.  AND I woke up to a house in chaos. I failed to notice how messy things really were when I went to bed the night before. It was just a MESS!

****For those of you that don't know, I'm kind of a clean freak.....sort of. I don't think its anything more than a normal person, but recently a friend of mine diagnosed me as a "Compulsive Cleaner" and...I think she may be right. I think I may have a problem here. haha******

So I started to clean up the mess and before I knew it, it was after 1pm! Then we had a doctor's appointment for Jonah which lasted FOREVER.  The doctor's office was behind schedule today so we ended up waiting like an hour before we were seen and then it took even longer when we actually got seen because of a mix up about what shot it was that Jonah needed today. By the time we got out of there it was after 5pm! I got home, made dinner, ate, kept cleaning, and then looked up to see it was after 7! The kids area at the gym closes at 8pm on Fridays, so by the time I would get there, I would barely have 30minutes to work out. So, I decided that the gym wasn't a possibility today. HOWEVER, I feel like it was entirely a "rest day" because I was getting some pretty good physical activity in by cleaning the house. Moving furniture, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, etc etc etc. Yeah...I think I did a minimum amount of physical activity today, will have to do.

So there you have it, thats my coupla' days in a nutshell. I'm now sitting in front of the TV, half watching "Pretty Woman" and half typing this blog entry. I'm about ready to call it a night and get ready for a fun-filled day at the fair tomorrow. Well, hopefully....if its not too cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment