Sunday, February 10, 2013

Horrible Headache (3/30)

The title says it all. I have had a horrible headache pretty much all day and I can't figure out why. Am I properly hydrated? Yes. I drank a TON of water today not to mention a couple of small glasses of all natural fruit juices. I just cannot shake it. And no, I didn't take any medicine for it. I'm someone who does not like to take medications unless they are absolutely necessary. So, I'll just try to sleep it off tonight and see if it goes away. If I wake up and still have this nagging headache, then I'll take something for it.

So, it was a pretty good day for the family today and for my activity levels. We went to the YMCA as a family. The boys went into the play area while Rob and I headed for the fitness room. Our first stop? The treadmills. We ran for a total of about 35 minutes. I was very proud of myself because I ran for 27minutes straight without stopping, and at a pace that I have recently worked up to. When I first started running this time around, I was barely able to run for 2 minutes at a pace of 4.8mph. So I have been slowly and surely working my way up with speed drills and endurance running training. Today I did 27 minutes straight at 5.4mph! Now, back in the day I was running at about 6.0 to 6.2mph...on a good day I could even sustain 6.5mph! So, only being at 5.4 shows that I have a ways to go to get to where I was, but still, progress is being made. And thats the name of the game.

So, I'm going to cut this entry a little short tonight as I'm not feeling at my 100% best. But here's hoping for many more lengthy blogs in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment