Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tomorrow is Weigh In Day

So, tomorrow is my Weigh In Day on my Youtube Channel. I'm neither excited nor scared about it. I'm indifferent....ambivalent...??? I'm just kinda feeling nothing about it. I did some serious damage last weekend when I was babysitting for my friend overnight and ever since Sunday I have been eating 100% healthy, tracking my calories, and working out like its going out of style. Oh yeah, and I've been averaging about 100 ounces of water a day. HOLLA! That's a recipe for weight loss success right there.

I have to admit, I'm worried that I'm not doing enough strength training at the gym. For those of you who may be new to this whole idea of health, fitness, and weight loss: it is IMPERATIVE that you weight train along with your cardio. Why? Because if you only stick to cardio then you're only working a specific muscle group and you can only burn so much fat. However, when you add in weight training you're building muscle which increases your abilities as far as cardio exercises go, and you're toning that extra skin, making it tighter where possible. So, I feel like I'm not doing enough of the weight training. I try to incorporate a weigh routine into my daily workouts for at least 15 minutes. I've been thinking about changing my workouts though. I've been thinking of switching from all cardio one day, then nothing but weight training the next day. I heard from others that this is an ideal way to work out because you're allowing certain muscle groups a day to rest before you work on them again.

Did you know that when you work out and your muscles feel really sore, that soreness is actually tiny stretches and tears in your muscles?? It is! And when you do that amount of damage to your muscles daily, you never give them time to heal, which means they never have the chance to recover and become stronger. Interesting, isn't it?

In other, more personal news: Tonight marks the official first class of the Spring Semester for me. I'm taking night classes at my local community college in order to earn my degree in Paralegal Studies. I have a 2hour and 45 minute class ahead of me this evening and I'm not really looking forward to it. Why? Because its all about Real Estate Law. I'm sure this class will teach me some very useful information for my future as a homeowner, but I'm none too interested in the ins and outs of real estate (if I was, I become a real estate broker...DUH!) Nevertheless, I'm sure its vital and necessary to the task I will need to perform as a Paralegal in the very near future.

Well, that's all for the day. Its been a rather slow day for me. The gym was good, but nothing special. My day has been fine, but nothing out of the ordinary. All in all its just been a very 'blah' day. I hope the rest of you are having a WONDERFUL day. Its Wednesday and the week is almost over...so that's cool....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment