Saturday, March 12, 2011

Our "Perfect" Saturday....

To the left, thats MY idea of a perfect Saturday morning. Coffee in front of me, and my love to at my side. Technology at our fingertips, and enjoying our ability to surf the web and waste some time. I mean, what are Saturday mornings for, if they're not for wasting time? (haha) Yes, this DOES have to do with weight loss, so keep reading. Its important to recognize a great day right after a "bad" night. Let me explain:

Okay, yesterday was GREAT! I had an AMAZING workout at the gym, I mean I pushed my limits and it felt great. I went to Spin Class after my group training and I pushed myself so hard. Walking into that Spin Room I was saying to myself, "don't give up...whatever she says to do, just do it....don't touch the resistance unless she says to..push yourself, you can do this..." AND I DID IT!!!! My legs were screaming for relief and I was so tired it wasn't even funny, but I kept going and going and going...and once that ride was over, I felt like a real winner. I could have been Lance Armstrong himself walking out of that room! (haha) So I picked up Jeremiah from the daycare and headed home. I had my normal healthy lunch and drank a ton of water to rehydrate....and then....the snack monster hit me!

Before I knew it, I was grabbing a piece of bread here and a bit of hummus there. Some leftover Hamburger Helper (made with turkey of course) and some slices of cheese. I sat down and thought, 'What the heck am I doing?' Its very curious how I could start off the day in a wonderful mood, with determination and complete focus and then all of a sudden, just lose sight of what I'm supposed to be doing! I mean, HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?!?!?! Personally, I think its because of the whole 'Idle hands are the devil's playground' thing. See, yesterday was the first day I've had in a long time where I didn't HAVE to sit there and read chapter after chapter and take notes and answer questions for school. This coming week is my Spring Break from school, therefore I have a lot of time to catch up on work. So yesterday I decided to just be a bum and watch TV and take it easy. In fact, I made it a point to have some couch time and just relax. Too often, I don't even have time to breathe let alone 'take a break'. But with all this free time, I found myself thinking much more about food and eating than I usually do. Let me just say, I can't wait for the weather to get better because this summer when I have free time, I'll be packing up Jeremiah and heading to the park where we can walk and play and do something.

Let me get to what happened late last night. After my 'mini-binge' that I had in the afternoon, I decided to just have a nice bowl of fruit and some yogurt for my actual dinner. Rob came home and decided it would be a great night to relax and have a few beers. (I'm not much of a beer drinker, so don't worry..I didn't have any). Then at about 10pm he has a great idea, "HEY! I'm getting Chinese. Want anything babe?" And again, before I knew what I was doing, I was sitting down to some cream cheese wontons and 2 eggrolls....at like 11pm!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS I DOING?!?!?!?!

I'm laughing about it now. Why am I laughing and not freaking out? Because, today is a new day! Its a GREAT day! Every day that I wake up, is another day to get it right. Its another chance to be better, to do better, to love better, to just re-do what you did yesterday. Today is like Yesterday 3.0! (lol okay, that was a little lame). Do you get the idea? Its all about stopping the downward spiral. I had a little set back last night, am I proud of it? No. But today, I'm up I'm drinking coffee and I'm heading to the gym in a few.

I guess my point is this: We all make mistakes, especially when it comes to weight loss. If you let those mistakes bring you down and you become defeated, then you're just giving up. So instead of letting your mistakes pile up and pile up, STOP THEM! Stop making the excuses, stop beating yourself up. Just get up and do something that would encourage or help you get towards your ultimate goal of health & fitness. What a novel idea, huh?

And there's Jeremiah, enjoying his Saturday morning pancakes. "Thanks Mom!"

No comments:

Post a Comment