Friday, January 25, 2013

A Good Day (12/365)

Well, its Thursday and yes, its been a good day. Despite the fact that I could not go to the gym this morning, I still pushed myself to get off my butt at 7pm this evening and get out there and go to the gym.

Have you ever heard that the hardest part of working out is getting yourself to the gym? Or simply getting yourself out the door? Well, I firmly believe this to be 100% true.  At least with me it is. See, when I'm sitting at home, merely thinking about going, all these things run through my head. I start to think of how tired I am, I start to think of all the excuses of why I can't go - which are really just reasons that back up my inherent will to not go - but somehow, I manage to get myself up and out the door and you know what? When I get there, it doesn't feel so bad! I get on a machine and I start going and it seems like the work is almost doing itself.  Well, almost. haha

My problem has always been going to the gym at night. In the mornings, its not so difficult. I'm not really doing anything else, so I just get dressed, get the kids packed up and then hit the road. During the day, going to workout just feels like something I can do to fill my day - yes, I really am THAT bored at home all day - but in the evenings, going to the gym just feels like a chore.

So, today was a good day. I got to the gym and I feel better for it. I have to keep working on this though.  I don't want it to feel like such a chore in the future. So the more I do it, the more my body and my mind will get used to it and I will learn to rely on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment