Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Small Victories (4/365)

Well, today was not such a bad day with the kids. It was just an odd day when it comes to my motivations. But alas, I pushed through and made it to the end of the day where I am now sitting comfy on the couch, typing out my daily entry. I had a couple small victories tonight and I wanted to share them.

First of all, I put on a sports bra today when I was getting ready to go to the gym and it fit! Allow me to explain. I've noticed that many of my normal sports bras - which have been patiently waiting to be used since I was about oh.....6months pregnant - have been VERY tight. And not just the cup size, I'm talking the part that goes under the boob. What is that part called? Does anyone know? Well, for the purposes of tonight's entry, I'm gonna call it the Under-the-boob-strap.  So, the under-the-boob-strap on most of my sports bras have been so damn tight that getting them on is like conducting World War III in my bedroom every day. But not today! Today was the first day that I put on this bra and BAM! It fits! Sure, its still a bit snug, but there was little to no struggle to get it on and it didn't even constrict my breathing! YAY!!!! Hooray for small victories, right?

Secondly, I had a small victory in the department of "mind-over-matter", so to speak. Allow me to explain this as well. Rob got home from work at the usual time, I made dinner, cleaned the kitchen and was just sitting down to feed the baby when Rob gets a phone call from a family member who needed help with a computer that we gave them. Rob then made the very gallant decision to run out there and help them with the problem. For the record, "there" is about an hour away to the north of where we live.  So, this left me stuck at home with both kids and the only way to get my workout in, would be to pack up the baby, get Jeremiah ready, load up the car and get the kids to the gym in the childcare center and then I could start my 90minutes of "me time". Well, when I realized this, my first reaction - admittedly - was, screw this! I had a plethora of reasons NOT to go. Here, I'll list a few of them for you here:
- I'm tired
-My legs are a bit sore from previous workouts this week.
-Its getting late
-I'm not sure if the baby will do well in the child care center, they might have to interrupt my workout
-I really want to take a nap
-Oh! Look at that! Re-runs of my favorite show is on! DEFINITELY reason enough to stay home
.......yeah, I think you get the idea.

So, I laid down on the couch and started running through these things in my head. Before I knew it, I dosed off, only for about 15 minutes. I woke up and it was almost 7pm. So, I said....screw it....I'll just freaking go. And I did! I went through all that work: packed up the baby, got Jeremiah ready, loaded up the car, drove to the gym, unloaded the car, got the kids in the play center, got my belongings in a locker, and proceeded to enjoy a solid 60minutes of workout time. And.....it felt pretty damn good. But you know what feels better? Being able to sit here and say that I kicked my own ass into gear tonight. Somewhere, in this scrambled brain of mine, things are starting to get back to how they used to be. Instead of making excuses NOT to work out, I'm finding reasons TO GO workout. Instead of heading for the ice cream on a difficult day, I head for the door with my running shoes in hand. THIS is the stuff that weight loss dreams are made of.

No, I'm not perfect. I still stumble and fall every.single.day. But what really matters is that I pick myself back up, and resolve to continue trying. And to me, THAT is what really matters.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment