Thursday, January 17, 2013

Husband Works Out (5/365)

As you may have guessed from my ever so witty title above. Rob came to the gym with me and the kids tonight! Every night that I go to the gym I always ask, "Are you coming with us?" Mainly because, if he opts to stay home, then I can leave little Jonah (which relieves some of my anxieties while working out. Yes, I'm still a little bit "new-mothery" when it comes to Jonah. He's only 2 and a half months!) Most of the time, Rob says, "Nah..." and so he stays home with Jonah so Jeremiah and I can go and enjoy our time at the gym. Well to be fair, Jeremiah runs around in a play center, plays games, and crawls through tunnel things while I "enjoy" the gym by working it out hard and sweating my butt off. Seriously, I sweat a lot. Like....A LOT! Okay, moving right along....so I asked Rob again tonight, "Hey, are you coming with us tonight?" and to my surprise he said, "Yeah, I think I should". HOLY CRAP! Thats a first. I can't even remember the last time that we worked out together! So off we went.

Actually, if I'm being completely accurate here, Rob and I have NEVER worked out next to each other. Nope. The other two times he's come with us to the gym - no, I'm not exaggerating, 2 times, thats it - he has always gone to the pool to swim laps. For the record, I HATE swimming laps. I'm a big fan of pools, yes I can swim, but swimming laps to me is SO BORING!!!! But then again, some people might consider running on a treadmill or using an elliptical machine as "boring". So, to each their own I suppose. But tonight, for whatever reason, he decided to just do whatever I did.

Wow. It was really weird working out next to him.  I was worried at first that I was gonna feel like a fat slob next to him. Let me be clear about something here: my husband is almost 6'1" and all of 175lbs.  He rarely works out and definitely doesn't have the healthiest of diets and yet, he never seems to gain any weight. I, on the other hand, can simply SMELL a donut and gain 2lbs. Yes, life is so cruel. Anyways, I was afraid that working out next to him would make me feel like a bit of a loser. But...IT DIDN'T! I simply zoned out, got into my playlist and let my legs do the work. As a side note: I feel the need to point out that when I switched to the elliptical machine (after running 2.46 miles on the treadmill), Rob couldn't handle it and had to move to the bikes.  Okay...well, maybe he was just super uncomfortable on the elliptical and didn't like the way it moves your body....but I like to pretend that he couldn't handle it. LET ME HAVE MY MOMENT. Yes, he simply couldn't be as awesome as me, thats exactly what happened.

All in all, it was a pretty great workout. Afterwords we had to make a stop at a couple stores, then it was home in time enough to catch Grey's Anatomy and clean up the house in preparation for a new day.

Interesting fact about me: I CANNOT go to bed with a messy house. It gives me weird anxiety and I MUST clean it. Does anyone else have this problem? I think I should see someone about this. Maybe? Nah.....maybe not.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment