Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fun-Filled Saturday (14/365)

OK. I am aware of the fact that it is Sunday morning and I'm making my entry for Saturday. But it still counts. Why? BECAUSE I SAY SO! And this is MY blog, so I get to make the rules. Deal with it. Alright then, moving right along.

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  I started the day out with a nice 2.5 mile jog along the bridge that leads over to Clearwater beach. It was actually really nice. I sweat like a freaking pig and today I'm noticing that I may have gotten a very slight sunburn on my face, nothing painful or anything, I just notice that my face feels a bit tight and that usually means you got a bit of sun. I didn't have a respectable running time or anything on my run out there, but it just felt good to be outside, in a beautiful area, and doing something that I love, running. Yes, I did have to walk a bit here and there, but I'm still working on getting back into running shape. Actually, speaking of that, I've decided to enter into a 5k race in March with my best friend. Its called the Color Vibe Run - or something like that - its where they throw packets of color on you as you run and you end the race looking like a disgruntled smirf. But I think it sounds like a lot of fun.  Race Day is on March 16th, so it is my goal to get in shape enough that I'll be able to run the entire 3.1 miles without stopping. I don't care if it takes me 45minutes at an extremely slow pace, but I just want to go the distance without stopping and having to walk.

So, after my awesome outdoor run, I came home, showered and then we decided to head into Tampa to our favorite Sushi restaurant. And oh man. It was awesome. Then I heard from a friend that it was Gasparilla weekend there in Tampa. I totally forgot about it! So we decided to swing by and check it out. After driving around for 35 minutes we FINALLY found some inexpensive parking and hiked it down to the parade. For those of you who don't know, Gasparilla is a celebration of Pirates - I think- where everyone is dressed up like Pirates and they get really drunk, act really stupid and generally have a good time. LOL There's a parade with all these Pirate themed floats and they throw beads at you.  Jeremiah got a ton of beads just from people that walked past us, they said he was "so cute" and they would give him a handful of beads to wear. He's running around the house playing with those beads as I sit here typing.

After we had had enough fun there at Gasparilla, we headed to the next town over and went to Tropical Smoothie Cafe. It was AWESOME! I've never had a Tropical Smoothie before and it was really good! I think I'll go there again!

So, after my fun filled day yesterday, I've decided to take a bit of a rest day today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment